Be true to yourself as it is the best thing you can do for yourself.
Be true to yourself, and your feelings. Those are the only things in your life that will never lie to you.
Be true to yourself, make each day your masterpiece, and most importantly believe in yourself.
Be true to yourself is a statement that we hear all the time, but it is the truth. We all have our own values, beliefs, personality traits, and desires. When we deny any part of our authentic self, we die a little death on the inside. Our uniqueness makes us who we are. By being true to ourselves, we also give everyone else permission to do the same.
To be true to yourself (Return to yourself) is the second facets in planning a creative day. In order not to retreat from life, but return to it during our creative day, we must utilize our potentialities. Thinking is a great gift; it is what makes us superior to the animal. Whatever our capacities, we can think within those capacities. Whatever we think our limitations are, we must think clearly within those limitations we give to ourselves. And we are sure to learn that we are more than we think we are. We must learn that such understanding is not mere meditation; it is a thought in action. Thinking here is not passive but an active process.
To be true to yourself, to the best version of yourself is not a onetime event. It is a continuous decision you must make every day, or even every hour. Sometimes you make good decisions and you can be true to yourself. Sometimes you betray your true self. Whatever you do, don’t beat yourself up, don’t rebuke yourself, and keep in mind that it takes courage to be true to who you are in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, measuring you up or judging you at every turn. But also know this that whoever you are, you have got that courage within you. And if you make up your mind, you can search deep down and gather that courage to be your true self.
You must take time off every day, even if only ten or fifteen minutes to review yourself, to return to yourself, to return to your realistic self image. You must admit your failures, but realize that they are part of the process of living. None of us is perfect; we dare not to deny ourselves the opportunity to improve.
As a part of your creative day, you must return to yourself and remember:
- That you can succeed in your future undertakings as you once did in the past.
- That in order to be true to yourself, you can correct mistakes and rise above your failures.
- That every day is a new lifetime and you have to start anew to reach your goal.
- That in such realization you become your own creator and plan the day for yourself positively.
- That negative feelings take you away from yourself and make you less than you are.
- That every day you must fight negative feelings and struggle to arrive at self-fulfillment.
- That arrogance keeps you away from learning of how to be true to yourself, to be true to others and it keeps you away from GOD.
- That in returning to yourself you have the opportunity to profit from your mistakes. You can compassionately remove self-hatred and improve your self image.
- That with a strong self image you will never need to withdraw from life, and you can always be true to yourself.
Why is return to self a face of creative day?
Because when you feel this sense of inner strength, you can be true to yourself and you will not use any excuse to retreat from life.
“To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life.” — Robert Louis Stevenson