The people with the power of self discipline are more successful. Healthier, and happier in life.
By the power of self discipline and self control you can develop greatness of character.
The battle for cultivating the power of self discipline may leave you a bit bruised and battered but always a better person.
The power of self discipline is the silent force at work that breeds success. The power of self-discipline is your GOLDEN key, as without it, you can’t be happy. Discipline is the difference between what we can do and what we should do. In our creative day we live with the power of self-discipline, continuing to set goals, refusing to let the insects of nothingness to empty us as human being.
There are many famous people; executives, salesmen, doctors, actors who have done serious mistakes at times and have overcome their blunders with determined belief in themselves. And the power of self discipline in final analysis, has been the tool with which they have shaped their successes.
All artists are slaves to their gift before they become masters of it. All musicians are daily slaves to practice if they are to succeed. In the same way we must discipline ourselves if we are to be happy. It takes the power of self -discipline to set goals and to implement them.
“Most people think success comes from good luck or enormous talent, but many successful people achieve their accomplishments in a simpler way: through self-discipline.”
Epictetus said: “Lead the good life and habit will make it pleasant.” If we master the habit of self-discipline, the world shall be ours. And if we want to get into training to get the habit, here is what to do:
- Know who that “self” is: Its self-discipline, isn’t it? Will you be able to discipline yourself if you don’t know who that self is? Probably not. But won’t it be easier once you know who you are? You’ll know what you’re good at, what your weakness are, what you actually want to do, and why you even want to be more disciplined.
- Remove temptations: self-control is the ability to resist temptation in the moment, and it is a crucial step on gaining the power of self discipline. Remove all temptations and distractions from your environment. If you want to improve your focus while working, you have to turn off your cell phone and remove the clutter from your desk. The best way to deal with the ever-growing distractions of everyday life is by controlling our mind concentration.
- Don’t wait for it to “feel right”: Improving our self discipline means changing up your normal routine, which can be uncomfortable and awkward. But keeping away from short-term discomfort often leads to long-term problems. And every time you give in, you’ll reinforce to yourself that you can’t manage distress.
- Create a plan and stick to your plan: Whether you want to increase good habits, or you want to banish bad habits, you’ll need a plan to turn your intentions into action. We won’t magically wake up one day with superhuman willpower. Instead, we need a strategy to help us build our mental muscle. And once you made that plan, make the effort to persevere that strategy regardless of laziness, the tendency to procrastinate, or the desire to give up
- Visualize the rewards: Visualize yourself reaching your goals and receiving the benefits of the power of self-discipline. Write down a list of all the things that you’ll gain when you confine yourself to achieve your goals. Read over the list when you’re tempted to give up. Spend a few minutes picturing yourself being successful and remind yourself how you’ll feel when you succeed.
The power of self discipline play a major factor in our life, leading us to success, if we possess it, or to failure, if we lack it. When our self discipline is strong, we have the option to choose our reactions, and the option to change negative habits. This skill make us feel more powerful, confident, and in charge of ourselves and our life.